About the plant
A small clumping Aloe with bumpy, textured leaves. It’s mottled with dark and light green pigments and haspink, toothy edges. At maturity, it can reach 1.0′ wide and tall and produces tubular, coral blooms in late winter to spring.
Forms dense clusters of small 8 inch wide stemless rosettes with 4 inch long by 1/2 inch wide incurved triangular shaped leaves.
A foot tall flower spikes appear in late winter to spring, bearing about 20 pendulous 1.5 inch long red-orange flowers.
This Aloe is drought tolerant with little to no irrigation required and is best when sheltered from getting overly wet in winter.
|Common Name||Aloe ‘pink blush’|
|Maximum Reachable Height||25 inches|
|Flower Colour||red cream colour|
|Bloom Time||Late spring and early summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in full sun to bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the Aloe vera especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- It is an air purifier indoor/outdoor plant.
- Suitable for container, rock garden and xeriscaping.
Check out the pots for your plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!