About the plant
It is a stemless or very short-stemmed succulent plant growing up to 1 m tall, spreading by offsets. The leaves are thick and fleshy, dark coloured. The margin of the leaf is serrated and has small white teeth.
Aloe Black Beauty is a beautiful combination of Aloe rauhii and Aloe parvula.
The leaves of Aloe Black Beauty are dark, which can turn a deep purple color. The texture of leaves is uneven and rigid. Sometimes deep purple color can be spotted. Blooms in spring, coral colored flowers.
|Common Name||Aloe vera|
|Maximum Reachable Height||60 cm|
|Bloom Time||Late spring and early summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in full sun to bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the Aloe vera especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- It is an air purifier indoor/outdoor plant.
- Suitable for container, rock garden and xeriscaping.
Check out the pots for your plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Pots, Terrariums
Triangle Glass House Vase, Big (without plant)-8%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Plumeria Pudica, Nag Champa – Plant-8%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria ‘Painted Pink Frills’- Succulent Plant-15%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Coleus – Plant-23%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Table top plants
Crassula ovata ‘Gollum’ – Succulent Plant-31%