About Begum Bahar
Begum Bahar is a flowering plant that produces gorgeous purple colored flowers. It is known by many names like Princess flower & Purple Glory and is a native of Brazil but adapts well in the Indian conditions. It can be trimmed to any size and still put on a vivid, year-long flower display. This plant is loved by gardeners around the world.
The Begum Bahar flowering season starts from March – May. It also flowers in the light winter season (Oct – Dec) but not that much as compared to the spring season. During this season provide it with a good amount of fertilizer for more profuse flowering.
|Begum bahar, Princess flower, Glory bush, Lasiandra,
|Maximum Reachable Height
|Easy to grow
Begum Bahar Planting And Care
- Begum bahar plant grows well in bright direct sunlight. But provide shade in afternoon during summers.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Begum bahar
Beautiful purple giving flowering plant.
Ornamental uses of Begum bahar
- Used as a outdoor pot or garden plant.
Check out other flowering plants here. Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.