Red Bunny Ear Cactus
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Red bunny ear cactus|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹500.00
**THIS PLANT COMES WITH BASIC BLACK POT**
Bunny ears cactus (Opuntia microdasys) originated in Mexico and is a denizen of arid, desert-like areas. Growing bunny ears cactus is as simple as mimicking its native regional conditions. So if you have a dry, low humidity home and plenty of sunny exposure, bunny ears cactus plant might be the perfect plant for you. Named for its visual appearance, the Bunny Ear Cactus, also called the Polka-Dot Cactus, has the scientific name of Opuntia microdasys. The spines come off with a simple touch, and are best removed from flesh with tweezers.
|Common Name||Bunny ears, Angel`s wings, golden-bristle cactus, polka-dot cactus.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 3 to 4 ft|
|Bloom Time||April to May|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Buuny Ear Cactus Care
- These plants are a gardener’s dream for their low maintenance and interesting appearance.
- Water can be the death of the plant but it does need consistent moisture during the growing season.
- Bunny ears cactus should be repotted every 1 to 2 years. Wait at least a week after repotting to water the plant. Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.R e-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
|Sunlight||Full sun, partial sun, at least 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.|
|Watering||Low for the rainy season, More than moderate for a summer. Water the plant when the top one inch of soil is dry. Allow the water to drain out of the pot and remove any excess from the saucer. During fall and winter, water lightly only every 3 to 4 weeks.|
|Soil||Avoid excess organic contents in the soil.|
|Temperature||Ideal: 22 to 35 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Not needed much. A peat-based compost should not be used. Fertilize the plant every other water period during spring and summer with a diluted houseplant food or cactus formula|
- Occasionally, the plant will be beleaguered by pests such as mealybugs and scale insects. Combat these with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol. Other than these steps, bunny ears cactus care is limited, and the plant should reward you with its abundant pads and interesting features for years.
Bunny Ear Cactus Special Feature
Survivals and growers of the summer.
Bunny Ear Cactus Uses
- Opuntia Microdasys also used as the ornamental plant