Crassula perforata ‘Tom Thumb’ – Succulent plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Crassula perforata ‘Tom Thumb’ plant (6-8 cm height)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹520.00
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Crassula perforata ‘Tom Thumb’ – Succulent plant-44%
The Crassula ‘Tom Thumb’ is a small herbaceous and perennial succulent plant of the Crassulaceae family. The morphology of this plant is very similar to Crassula perforata, but in smaller dimensions. It is a very commercialized plant worldwide as a collection plant since, in addition to being beautiful, it is very easy to grow.
This plant is characterized by developing erect or slightly decumbent branched and very thin cylindrical stems that fail to exceed 15 cm in height (rarely reaching more than 20 cm). On the stems are arranged pairs of opposite leaves (the pairs very close together) very fleshy and triangular. The coloration of the foliage is light green with numerous spots of reddish-violet color and the dark margins depending on the light intensity that the plant receives.
The flowers are arranged numerous in inflorescence that arise at the apex of the stems. All flowers have 5 white triangular petals that unfold slightly backward.
|Common Name||Tom thumb, String of Buttons, Baby’s Necklace, Necklace Vine, Stacked Crassula, Pagoda Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||10-15 cm|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural direct or indirect light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Beautiful thick foliage.
It is drought tolerant plant.
Suitable for Container, Rock Garden & Xeriscaping
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- 5.00 rating from 27 reviews
Be the first to review “Crassula perforata ‘Tom Thumb’ – Succulent plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.