Gasteria pillansii – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
Gasteria pillansii is succulent plant native to the arid winter-rainfall regions in the far west of South Africa and Namibia. It is a nice succulent plant with thick, heavily spotted tongue-like leaves. It proliferate from subterraneous stolons and forms clumps, with up to 150 plants per group and up to 1 m wide.
Roots are succulent. The leaves are fleshy, especially after rain, in two opposite rows (distichous), 20-200 mm long and 15-50 mm broad at the base, and are strap-shaped (lorate), ascending to spreading. The leaves are mottled with white spots in transverse bands, and a white cartilaginous tuberculate margin. The hard, leathery leaf tip is rounded.
|Common Name||Cattle tongue, Ox-tongue, Cow-tongue cactus|
|Maximum Reachable Height||15-20 cm|
|Flower Colour||Reddish orange|
|Bloom Time||November to April.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Gasteria pillansii Special Feature
Gasteria pillansii Uses
- This plant can be used as contrasting foliage in succulent plantings, cactus gardens or xeriscape plantings
- It is also pretty used as edging for dry borders and in rock gardens
- It can be kept in pots too, provided the soil drains well.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts, Terrariums
Pentagon Ball Glass Terrarium-8%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants
Triangle Cactus – Cactus Plants-7%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Jasminum sambac, Mogra, Arabian Jasmine – Plant-31%
All Plants, Fruit Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Nimboo, Lemon – Plant-22%