All Plants, Outdoor Plants
Santalum, Indian Sandalwood, Chandan Tree- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a grow bag|₹760.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Cassia Fistula, Amaltas, Golden Shower Tree- Plant-10%
₹690.00 for 2 item(s)
- Sandalwood is often cited as one of the most expensive woods in the world.
- Sandalwoods are medium-sized hemiparasitic Fragrant wood trees
- Sandalwood tree grows to a height of about 20 metres.
- Has leathery leaves in pairs, each opposite the other on the branch
- Leaves are partially parasitic on the roots of other tree species.
- Both tree and roots contain a yellow aromatic oil, called sandalwood oil, the odour of which persists for years.
- The oil is obtained by steam distillation of the wood and is used in perfumes, soaps, candles, incense, and folk medicines.
- They may live to one hundred years of age.
|Common Name||Indian Sandalwood, Chandan,|
|Maximum Reachable Height||20 m|
|Flower Colour||Purple brown|
|Bloom Time||March- April and September- October|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Chandan Plant
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Provide afternoon shade to the plant when young.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Both tree and roots contain a yellow aromatic oil, called sandalwood oil.
- It is considered sacred tree.
- Fragrant wood.
- Grown as specimen tree in a landscape.
- Very popular bonsai plant.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Categories: All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a grow bag|
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- Store Name: WILDROOTS
- Vendor: WILDROOTS
- 5.00 rating from 59 reviews
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Pots, Terrariums
Diamond Teardrops Glass Vase (without plant)-11%
All Plants, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Indoor Plants, Rakhi Gifts, Terrariums
Cube Glass Terrarium-17%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Echeveria agavoides ‘Red Tip’ – Succulent Plant-37%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Echeveria agavoides ‘Red Tip’ – Succulent PlantEstimated delivery date 2023/06/07
Sr No. Product Name 1 Echeveria agavoides ‘Red Tip’ – Succulent Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
Be the first to review “Santalum, Indian Sandalwood, Chandan Tree- Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.