Bougainvillea Variegated (Pink) – Plant
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Flowering Creepers, Flowering Plants, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Bougainvillea Variegated (Pink) – Plant-15%
|Bougainvillea are also known as buganvilla, bugambilia, veranera, Nicaragua, Santa Rita, Bolivia.|
|Bougainvillea spectabilis found in Damauli, Nepal|
The vine species grow anywhere from 1 to 12 m (3 to 40 ft.) tall, scrambling over other plants with their spiky thorns. They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, or deciduous if there is a dry season. The leaves are alternate, simple ovate-acuminate, 4–13 cm long and 2–6 cm broad. The actual flower of the plant is small and generally white, but each cluster of three flowers is surrounded by three or six bracts with the bright colours associated with the plant, including pink, magenta, purple, red, orange, white, or yellow. Bougainvillea glabra is sometimes referred to as “paper flower” because the bracts are thin and papery. The fruit is a narrow five-lobed achene.
|Plant Height||20 inch (51 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
Planting And Care
- Wait for the first colorful bracts to form and fall in spring.
- Once they fall, prune excess growth.
- Fertilize before flowering season.
- This will cause new bloom on the shorter flowering spurs.
- Repeat during the flowering season as needed.
- Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other areas.
- Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covering.
These tropical climbers are suitable for large containers placed in the garden during summer but must be kept frost-free in winter. If you want good blooming, give them at least 5 hours a day of full sunlight as a minimum. More hours of direct sun is better. Less than 5 hours and the plant may not bloom very well. Your plants will thrive in shade or partial shade, but only have nice growth with little or no blooms.
Sunlight Full sun Watering Moderate. In cooler periods or when you bring your plants indoors for the winter, the water requirement will be much less. Soil Dry, sandy, well-drained soil Temperature Up to 29 degrees C Fertilizer Mature plants can be heavy feeders. High phosphorus with micronutrients, as well as additional iron and magnesium. Plants grow best with small amounts of nutrients constantly available.
Bougainvillea Special Feature
Attractive colored bracts
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- Bougainvillea plants are a beloved addition to many gardens and walls
- It can be trained to climb trellises or be planted as an attractive but thornily impenetrable barrier, and it can also serve as a ground cover
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.