Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹350.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant-15%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – PlantEstimated delivery date 2023/10/08
Sr No. Product Name 1 Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
About Pilea Cadierei
Pilea cadierei also called as Aluminium plant, Watermelon pilea, is a species in the genus Pilea. Their variegated foliage is unlike any other, with shiny silver, irregularly shaped markings parallel to the lateral veins. They are usually grown as a small tabletop plant, on the windowsill; suitable for growing indoors; ground cover and cascading down a wall. Aluminum plant is also useful in or near water gardens. Unrooted aluminum plant stems can be dropped into terrarium where they survive for long periods.
Showy, silver-splashed leaves make Aluminum Plant a stunning and popular house plant.
|Common Name||Aluminium Plant, Watermelon Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||0.75 to 1.00 feet|
|Flower Colour||Green, white|
|Bloom Time||Late Fall, Early Winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Pilea cadierei Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Pilea cadierei
Beautiful green and silver foliage.
Ornamental uses of Pilea cadierei
- Useful as a small tabletop plant, growing indoors, ground cover, cascading down a wall.
Check out the pots to plant your areca palms and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!