Brahmi Big Leaf botanically known as Centella asiatica from the Apiaceae family. It is a perennial herb that mainly grows in temperate and tropical swampy areas in many regions of the world. The stems are slender, creeping type and forms new plants when touching the soil at each node. It has long-stalked, green, rounded apices which have smooth texture with palmately netted veins. The crop matures in three months, and the whole plant, and harvested manually for consumption purposes.
- It is used as a culinary vegetable and as a medicinal herb.
- The leaves are the most important part of the plant which contains all the active ingredients.
- The leaf extracts can be made into gels, creams, capsule supplements, ointments, and other forms to treat everything from anxiety to cardiovascular conditions.
- It also heals wounds, keeps your skin beautiful, relieves stomach aches, provides relief from anxiety and stress, and prevents many other diseases.
- The leaves are used as the main ingredients in salad mixtures, as leafy green veggies, also used as fresh juice.