Curcuma Spp. Ornamental Black Turmeric- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Curcuma spp.- Plant|
|2||Grow Bag/ Plastic Pot|₹540.00
All Plants, Aromatic, Indoor Plants, Medicinal Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Curcuma Spp. Ornamental Black Turmeric- Plant-28%
About the plant
Black turmeric has an appearance that more closely resembles its cousin, the knobby ginger.
Black turmeric is a rare herb. It is the underground portion of the stem, or rhizome, of the Cucurma caesia plant.
The plant itself is sometimes grown as an ornamental, but the root has been used for centuries for medicinal and religious purposes.
Black turmeric offers benefits similar to the orange variety, but the darker cultivar contains higher concentrations of curcumin than any other Curcuma species.
In Hindi, the herb is called Kali Haldi. It is used widely in India for health and religious purposes.
|Common Name||Begum bahar, Princess flower, Glory bush, Lasiandra,|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2-3.5ft|
|Bloom Time||late summer to early winters|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- This plant grows well in bright direct sunlight. But provide shade in afternoon during hot summers.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Beautiful purplish pink flower plant.
- Used as a outdoor pot or garden plant.
Check out other flowering plants here. Click Here!!
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Clitoria Ternatea, Aparajita – Plant-17%
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Rose Plants
Rose (Peach coloured)- Plant-22%
All Plants, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Kokedama, Rakhi Gifts
Kokedama Rakhi Gift Hamper-5%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Cremnosedum ‘Little Gem’ – Succulent Plant-42%