All Plants, Aromatic, Herb Plants, Indoor Plants, Medicinal Plants, Outdoor Plants, Spices and Condiments
Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
Thyme, Thymus vulgaris is a species of perennial flowering plant in the mint family. It is a bushy, woody-based evergreen subshrub with small, highly aromatic, grey-green leaves and clusters of purple or pink flowers. It spreads up to 40 cm. It can be propagated by seed, by division or plant rooted basal stem cuttings in spring. Plants are evergreen in mild winters.
|Common Name||Thyme, German Thyme, Garden Thyme|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 1 feet|
|Flower Colour||Purple or Pink or White|
|Bloom Time||Late spring to Summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Cut back in spring.
- Avoid wet soils where it tends to rot.
- Let the herb to dry out between watering.
- keep the pot where it will receive at least 6 hours of daylight.
- May be grown indoors in pots in a sunny kitchen window. Plant them out into their permanent positions in late spring or early summer, after the last expected frosts. Space new plants about 6 to 10 inches apart, to form a cover. It cannot grow in the shade. Thyme is one of the easiest herbs to cultivate in pots indoors or out doors.
Sunlight Full sun Watering Medium Soil Loam, Chalk, Sand; Well-drained Temperature 15 to 30 degrees C Fertilizer Use any organic fertilizer. Mulch your plants with organic matter like leaf molds, well-rotted animal manure or compost during autumn. Harvest Season Harvest leaves throughout the summer as needed.
- Fill the pot no more than half full of potting soil, slightly bringing it up the sides of the pot.
- Gently press the soil to help it stay in place, and then lightly, but thoroughly, moisten the soil with water.
- Before repotting any herb, it’s important to carefully prepare the plant’s root ball.
Thyme Special Feature
It attracts butterflies.
- It can be planted in the garden as a groundcover
- Thyme is considered to have antiseptic and preservative properties and has long been used medicinally
- Note: Please consult your health expert
- It is frequently used fresh or dried in a variety of culinary applications including soups, stews, sauces, meat and fish dishes.
Disclaimer: Images are for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
- Store Name: WILDROOTS
- Vendor: WILDROOTS
- 5.00 rating from 59 reviews
All Plants, Bonsai, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts
Malpighia glabra, Barbados Cherry, Wild Crape-Myrtle- Bonsai-33%
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Home Decor, Pots, Wall Decor, Wall Hanging Planters, Wooden, Wooden Pots
Handcrafted V Shaped Wall Hanging Propagation Station-43%All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Home Decor, Pots, Wall Decor, Wall Hanging Planters, Wooden, Wooden Pots
Handcrafted V Shaped Wall Hanging Propagation StationEstimated delivery date 2023/06/11
Sr No. Product Name 1 1 Test Tube 2 1 Wooden frame
Height : 23 cm
Length : 21 cm
Width : 2.8 cmSKU: n/a
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria Elegans : Succulent Plant-35%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Sempervivum ‘Green Wheel’ – Succulent Plant-16%
Be the first to review “Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) – Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.