Fish Tail Palm – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Fish Tail Palm|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
About Fish Tail Palm
Fish Tail Palm is a wonderful additions to any garden or living space.
The leaves of the plant have jagged-edges that look like fins and fishtails, hence the name Fish Tail Palms are wonderful additions to any garden or living space. It can add a tropical island feel effortless.
Fish Tail are bipinnate palms, the only palms that have this sort of leaf anatomy. This more complex leaf arrangement makes for some of the most dramatic and beautiful of all the palm leaves. Each leaflet of a this palm is somewhat triangular in shape, sort of the shape of a fish tail.
|Common Name||Caryota Palms|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Upto 20 feet|
|Bloom Time||Year round|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Fish Tail Palm Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Fish Tail Palm
It is an air purifier indoor plant.
Ornamental uses of Fish Tail Palm
- This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening.
Check out the pots for your plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!