Tradescantia pallida, Purple Queen – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Tradescantia pallida – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹375.00
All Plants, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Study table plants, Table top plants
Tradescantia pallida, Purple Queen – Plant-20%All Plants, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Study table plants, Table top plants
Tradescantia pallida, Purple Queen – PlantEstimated delivery date 2021/09/24
Sr No. Product Name 1 Tradescantia pallida – Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Study table plants, Table top plants
White Velvet (Tradescantia Sillamontana)-11%
Tradescantia pallida ”Purpurea” is a tender and attractive plant of outstanding colours. It is widely commercialized as a house plant and for outdoor gardens. It is a long-jointed sprawling ground-cover plant. Its stems and branches recline on the ground and its ascending extremities can grow up to 8 inches (20cm) tall.
The stems and upper surfaces of the leaves are a deep royal purple with shades of a faint dusty turquoise-gunmetal that becomes darker as the foliage grows older. It blooms in small clusters throughout the warm season making small three-petaled flowers of a vivid pink that only stay open in the morning.
They are great for hanging pots or as groundcovers and can add a lush texture and a tropical atmosphere to any garden, be it indoor or outdoor. It is also excellent in containers and ideal for gardening beginners. Thanks to its downward trailing stem it stands out the most when used in rock gardens, border fronts, and wall plantings.
|Common Name||Purple Queen, Purple Heart, Setcresea Purpurea, Purple Spiderwort|
|Maximum Reachable Height||12-24 inches|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Tradescantia Special Feature
Attractive purple color foliage
- Best for small pots and for hanging baskets.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.