Kiwi , Actinidia deliciosa
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
About Kiwi, Actinidia deliciosa
The ellipsoidal kiwi fruit is a true berry and has furry brownish green skin. The firm translucent green flesh has numerous edible purple-black seeds embedded around a white centre.
The deciduous leaves are borne alternately on long petioles (leaf stems), and young leaves are covered with reddish hairs. The flesh may be of different tonalities of green according to the variety, tender, juicy and bittersweet. It has multiple small black edible seeds. The color of the pulp and its delicate taste resembles that of the grape, the strawberry and the pineapple, and this makes it a very pleasant fruit.
|Common Name||Chinese gooseberry|
|Maximum Reachable Height||40 feet|
|Flower Colour||White to yellow|
Kiwi, Actinidia deliciosa Planting And Care
- Kiwi grows well in moderate shade to full sunlight.
- Deep, rich, well drained sandy loam soil are ideal for cultivation.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- water is required once in a week.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Kiwi, Actinidia deliciosa
Kiwi fruit has a slightly acid taste and can be eaten raw or cooked. The juice is sometimes used as a meat tenderizer. Raw kiwis are high in vitamins C and K.
Ornamental uses of Kiwi, Actinidia deliciosa
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!