Plum, Prunus domestica
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹389.00
About Plum, Prunus domestica
Ornamental as well as practical, plum trees make excellent lawn specimen trees, with whirls of glossy foliage and a naturally attractive shape. The commercially important plum trees are medium-sized, usually pruned to 5–6 metres (16–20 ft) height. The tree is of medium hardiness. Without pruning, the trees can reach 12 metres (39 ft) in height and spread across 10 metres (33 ft).Fruits are usually of medium size, between 2–7 centimetres (0.79–2.76 in) in diameter, globose to oval. The flesh is firm and juicy. The fruit’s peel is smooth, with a natural waxy surface that adheres to the flesh. The plum is a drupe, meaning its fleshy fruit surrounds a single hard fruitstone which encloses the fruit’s seed.
|Common Name||Plum, Aloo-bukhara|
|Maximum Reachable Height||35 feet|
|Flower Colour||White to dark pink|
|Bloom Time||late winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Plum,Prunus domestica Planting And Care
- Plum grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Plenty of water for new trees.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Plum, Prunus domestica
Each flower feature a hollow cup like structure known as hypanthium , which bears the sepal, petals and stamens on thr outer rim and surrounds a single pistil.
Ornamental uses of Plum, Prunus domestica
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!