Euphorbia Tithymaloides ‘Variegata’, Frilled Jew Bush- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Variegated Devil’s Backbone- Plant|
|2||Grow Bag (5″)|₹400.00
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Euphorbia Tithymaloides ‘Variegata’, Frilled Jew Bush- Plant-15%
All Plants, Aromatic, Herb Plants, Medicinal Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Lemon Grass – Plant-9%
About Euphorbia tithymaloides
Euphorbia tithymaloides ‘ Variegatea’, formerly known as Pedilanthus tithymaloides is a popular succulent with oval, medium green, slightly glossy, and white edged leaves that flank the zigzag stems to resemble a crooked backbone with ribs. It grows upto 8 feet tall and upto 24 inches wide. Although flowering in flushes year round in a warm tropical regions, it blooms mostly heavily in summer. At the stems’ tip, small star shaped red flower protrude from a cluster of reddish bracts. Leaves fleshy, crinkled, concavely-cupped like tortoise shells, glossy grey-green with white margins, held close to stems.
|Common Name||Green Redbird Cactus, Slipper Flower, Jew Bush, Variegated Devil’s Backbone, Japanese Poinsettia|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-8 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright direct sunlight to partial shade.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Do not let the plant sit in moist soil.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- Beautiful crinkled foliage with striking colours.
- Good luck plant.
Check out the pots to plant your Variegated Devil’s Backbone and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!