Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Pilea Cadierei, Pilea Aluminium, Watermelon Pilea – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹350.00
Showy, silver-splashed leaves make Aluminum Plant a stunning and popular house plant.
Pilea cadierei is a species of flowering plant in the family Urticaceae, native to China and Vietnam. It is an evergreen perennial growing up to 30 cm tall by 21 cm broad, with dark green oval leaves, each leaf having four raised silvery patches.
|Common Name||Aluminium Plant, Watermelon Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||0.75 to 1.00 feet|
|Flower Colour||Green, white|
|Bloom Time||Late Fall, Early Winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
- Keep the plant in place with bright indirect sunlight for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Pilea Cadierei Special Feature
Easy maintenance indoor plant with beautiful foliage.
Pilea Cadierei Uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kept indoor in living room and in terrace area.