Lettuce (Lactuca sativa)
Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) is an annual plant of the daisy family, Asteraceae. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes for its stem and seeds. Lettuce is most often used for salads. Generally grown as a hardy annual, lettuce is easily cultivated, although it requires relatively low temperatures to prevent it from flowering quickly. Lettuce is a rich source of vitamin K and vitamin A, and a moderate source of folate and iron.
Planting And Care
- Keep well watered to avoid bolting
- Avoid over-watering
- Water when the soil feels dry to touch
- Apply nitrogen-rich fertilizer in the growing stages
- Avoid damage to the roots if you wish to grow further
|Soil||Well-drained nitrogen rich soils having pH 6.0-6.8|
|Temperature||16-18 degree celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer rich in nitrogen|
|Storage||After harvest, lettuce lasts the longest when kept at 0 °C (32 °F) and 96 percent humidity. Lettuce quickly degrades when stored with fruit such as apples, pears and bananas that release the ripening agent ethylene gas.|
- Lettuce is a rich source of vitamin K and vitamin A, and a moderate source of folate and iron.
- Lettuce can be eaten raw in cold or warm salads or cooked and used as a side dish, in soups or pasta sauces.
Disclaimer: The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Planters By Material, Pots, Terracotta Pots, Wall Hanging Planters
Wave Design Hanging Terracotta Pot-27%
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Echeveria Nurnberg in Grass Print Ceramic Pot – Valentine’s Day Gift Combo-18%All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Echeveria Nurnberg in Grass Print Ceramic Pot – Valentine’s Day Gift ComboEstimated delivery date 2022/12/15
Product Contains :
- 1 Grass Print Square Ceramic Pot (White)
- Echeveria Nurnberg
- 2 Dairy Milk Chocolate
- Greeting card
Note : THIS WILL BE A DIY SUCCULENT ARRANGMENT FOR PAN INDIA EXCEPT DELHI, GURUGRAM, NOIDA, MEERUT, FARIDABAD & DEHRADUN.SKU: n/a