Aptenia cordifolia, Baby Sun Rose – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Baby Sun Rose Plant|
|2||Plastic/ Terracotta Pot|₹350.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Aptenia cordifolia, Baby Sun Rose – Plant-39%
About Aptenia cordifolia
Aptenia cordifolia is a species of succulent plant in the ice plant family. The common names of the plant include baby sun rose. This sprawling plant forms a dense mat that grows in flat clumps along the ground from six to twelve inches tall. It has bright green, heart-shaped, succulent leaves and small, reddish-purple to pinkish-purple, button-like flowers with yellow centers. Its flowers bloom from early spring until summer.
When well-watered, the leaves of this plants are quite fleshy and flatten when water is scare. Because the plants’ water cells are located close to the surface, both the stems and the leaves have a shiny appearance.
When grown in a hanging basket, the flowers of Aptenia cordifolia will also attract hummingbirds. The small flowers appear individually, in clusters at the ends of stems and also in the forks of the plants’ branches. Lengthy bloom time extends from late summer through early spring. The flowers open during the sunniest part of the day and close in the evening. Flowers transition into four-chambered, black/brown seeds.
|Common Name||Baby Sun Rose, Mesembryanthemum cordifolium, Aptenia cordifolia|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-12 inches|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Areca Palm Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in place with morning and evening bright light for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged Aptenia cordifolia parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Aptenia cordifolia
Attractive foliage and flowers.
Ornamental uses of Aptenia cordifolia
It is an excellent plant for hanging baskets.
Check out the pots to plant your Aptenia cordifolia and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.