Zamia furfuracea, Cardboard Plam- Plant
- Zamia furfuracea, Cardboard Palm- Plant
- Plastic Pot
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for bathroom, Plants for bedroom
Zamia furfuracea, Cardboard Plam- Plant-51%
The plant produce leafy crowns of foliage that resemble palms or ferns and most branch heavily with age to produce attractive clumps. It resembles fern and palm plants. The leaves are very thick and the stalks have thorns. It is evergreen and grows 1-3 feet tall and in time will form clumps. This cycad has better cold tolerance than most. This plant prefers sandy to sandy loam soils in full sun to partial shade. It is drought and salt tolerant making it a great plant to use on the coast.
- The plant grows well in bright indirect sunlight or partial shade areas.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts of the plant and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Hardy evergreen leaves.
Check out the pots to and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!