Crassula Princess Pine, Watch Chain (Crassula Muscosa ) – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Crassula Princess Pine, Watch Chain (Crassula Muscosa ) – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot|
Out of stock
Out of stock
This small succulent plant’s interesting looks has been likened to that of undersea coral. The most common of the common names for this plant is Watch Chain Plant for its delicate interlocking leaves that are much like the tight jeweler’s links that were used to attach a pocket watch to the vest. It is also called Clubmoss Crassula, Princess Pine and Rattail Crassula. Better in semi shade. It suffers with the high temperatures and full sun in summer. Good drainage is essential; Crassulas need a soil that is porous and gritty and fresh organic matter should be avoided in the soil. The plants need adequate moisture during the growing season and only enough water to keep the plant from shriveling in winter. In the miniature garden it is great to use for hedging, as a character-adding, interesting specimen or an evergreen look-a-like. Can easily be pinched down by just breaking some ‘chains’ off.
|Common Name||Crassula Princess Pine, Watch Chain|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-12 inches|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
- Keep the plant in place with morning and evening bright light for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Attractive foliage and flowers.
It is an excellent plant for hanging baskets.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.