Allamanda blanchetii (purple allamanda, violet allamanda)- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Purple Allamanda- Plant|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag 5″|₹499.00
All Plants, Allamanda Plant, Best Selling Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Allamanda blanchetii (purple allamanda, violet allamanda)- Plant-50%
About Allamanda blanchetii
It is Cultivated as an ornamental plant. Allamanda blanchetii is a shrubby climbing species with its showy purple to pink flowers popular in tropical and subtropical regions of the world. It is a fast-growing species that spreads rapidly by layering. It often forms a clump about 2 m tall and 2-3 m wide, but can grow much higher when climbing over other vegetation. Stems and leaves with milky sap. Leaves sessile or subsessile, in whorls of usually 4, oblong or obovate-oblong, abruptly acuminate, leaf blades broadly elliptic to orbicular, with trichomes on both surfaces. Calyx pubescent, corolla across at limb, rose-purple, darker in throat, tube not basally swollen. The fruits are globose and spiny follicles containing numerous flattened seeds equipped with a membranous wing.
|Common Name||Purple Allamanda|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-8 ft|
|Flower Colour||Purple or violet|
|Bloom Time||Summer and fall|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Purple Allamanda Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- This species is well adapted to drought with moderate wind tolerance.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- It prefers loamy or sandy-loam soil
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
- Grown as a garden flowering plant.
- They also make excellent cut flowers, adding a punch of color to bouquets and floral arrangements.
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Can grow on trellis or chain link fencing
- Suitable for road median planting
Check out other flowering plants here. Click Here!!
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria harmsii, Plush Plant – Succulent Plant-25%
All Plants, Bonsai, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Ficus Retusa Bonsai in a Buffalo-Shaped Terracotta Pot-51%
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Indoor Plants
Set of 9-Succulents in a wooden Basket- Gift Pack-13%