Allamanda blanchetii (purple allamanda, violet allamanda)- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Purple Allamanda- Plant|
|2||Plastic Round Pot|₹499.00
All Plants, Allamanda Plant, Best Selling Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Allamanda blanchetii (purple allamanda, violet allamanda)- Plant-12%
About Allamanda blanchetii
It is Cultivated as an ornamental plant. Allamanda blanchetii is a shrubby climbing species with its showy purple to pink flowers popular in tropical and subtropical regions of the world. It is a fast-growing species that spreads rapidly by layering. It often forms a clump about 2 m tall and 2-3 m wide, but can grow much higher when climbing over other vegetation. Stems and leaves with milky sap. Leaves sessile or subsessile, in whorls of usually 4, oblong or obovate-oblong, abruptly acuminate, leaf blades broadly elliptic to orbicular, with trichomes on both surfaces. Calyx pubescent, corolla across at limb, rose-purple, darker in throat, tube not basally swollen. The fruits are globose and spiny follicles containing numerous flattened seeds equipped with a membranous wing.
|Common Name||Purple Allamanda|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-8 ft|
|Flower Colour||Purple or violet|
|Bloom Time||Summer and fall|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Purple Allamanda Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- This species is well adapted to drought with moderate wind tolerance.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- It prefers loamy or sandy-loam soil
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
- Grown as a garden flowering plant.
- They also make excellent cut flowers, adding a punch of color to bouquets and floral arrangements.
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Can grow on trellis or chain link fencing
- Suitable for road median planting
Check out other flowering plants here. Click Here!!
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Table Kamini With Buddha Ceramic Pot-30%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Indoor Plants
Set of 3 Succulents in a Wooden Basket- Gift Pack-50%