Pilea Involucrata, Red Leaf Pilea, Friendship plant- Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Red Leaf Pilea, Friendship Plant – Plant|
|2||Plastic Pot/ Terracotta Pot|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Peperomia obtusifolia – Plant-17%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Raindrop Peperomia, Peperomia Polybotrya – Plant-23%
About the plant
The friendship plant bears its name due to the rapid rooting of cuttings that can be established for new plants to give to friends and family. This cute little Pilea is useful in low light situations, although it does need some hours a day of sunlight. It has richly textured, bronzy leaves and makes a nice addition to containers where it can be appreciated up close. The flowers are not particularly noteworthy, however, with proper care, this little gem might even favour you with its pale pink flowers. Pilea friendship plants have velvety leaves that are deeply crinkled and veined. Leaves are oval, paired, and have striking bronze accents. The Friendship Plant prefers shade, moist soil and mild watering. Friendship Plants are crawlers, so they like grow by putting out new stems and leaves next to their mother plant, growing horizontally along the floor.
|Common Name||Aluminium Plant, Watermelon Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||0.75 to 1.00 feet|
|Leaf colour||Red leaves|
|Bloom Time||Late Fall, Early Winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain, slightly loose and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Red Pilea
Beautiful Red, curled with prominent veins and textured foliages.
Ornamental uses of Red Pilea
- Useful as a small tabletop plant, growing indoors, ground cover, cascading down a wall.
Check out the pots to plant your Red Pilea and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!