Calathea ‘Yellow Fusion’- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Calathea ‘Yellow Fusion’|
|2||Grow Bag (5 inches)/ Plastic pot|₹840.00
About Calathea Yellow Fusion
It is a spectacular looking plant that can be grown in pots as well as in-ground.
A compact, bushy plant with gorgeous, green and lime yellow marbled leaves.
The lance-shaped leaves have beautiful variegation in lime green and soft yellow.
Calatheas bend their leaves upwards at night and downwards during the day, which gave them their common name ‘prayer plants’ – and you can sometimes hear a quiet crackling noise when the leaves move.
Due to its stunning variegation, this Calathea species requires more light than other Calatheas.
This plants produce reddish-pink flowers in the spring, but they cannot compete with its dazzling leaves.
|Common Name||Calathea Yellow Fusion|
|Maximum Reachable Height||3 to 5 ft|
|Bloom Time||March to April|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Calathea Planting And Care
- Calathea Yellow Fusion grows well in bright indirect sunlight and high humidity.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- This plant should be watered with soft water only
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Calathea Yellow Fusion
- It is popular as a Christmas present.
- Safe for pets.
Ornamental uses of Calathea Triostar
- This is a spectacular looking plant used for decorations in homes, shops, and offices.
Check out the pots to plant your Plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!