Strobilanthes alternata, Purple Waffle Plant ‘Exotica’- Plant
About Strobilanthes alternata
Strobilanthes alternata is a herb that grows near 20 cm long with with a crinkly look, similar to the texture of a waffle.
The stems of the plant are prostrate and purplish, especially at the nodes.
The leaf blades are dark green on the top face and are lighter green or purplish on the lower face.
The flowers of the plant grow from where the leaf meets the stem, and are white with purple penciling.
Purple waffle plant has metallic green-purple foliage with a unique puckered texture.
|Maximum Reachable Height||20 cm|
|Flower Colour||white/ off white|
|Bloom Time||late summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Strobilanthes Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight, high humidity.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Strobilanthes.
Beautiful indoor and outdoor plant with beautiful purple crinkled leaves.
Ornamental uses of Strobilanthes
- It is an excellent landscape plant for adding colours. It also makes a perfect pot plant for indoor garden.
Check out other foliage plants here. Click Here!!
All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Pots
Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Hanging Basket-32%All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Pots
Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Hanging BasketEstimated delivery date 2023/02/10
- Product Contains
Sr No. Product Name 1 Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Succulent 2 Hanging Basket
Note: This product is only deliverable in Delhi NCR, Haridwar and DehradunSKU: n/a
- Product Contains