Tradescantia fluminensis tricolor – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Tradescantia fluminensis tricolor – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Tradescantia fluminensis tricolor is a tender and attractive plant of outstanding colours. It is widely commercialized as a house plant and for outdoor gardens. It is a long-jointed sprawling ground-cover plant. Its stems and branches recline on the ground and its ascending extremities can grow up to 8 inches (20cm) tall.
The stems is pink in color and upper surfaces of the leaves are a green with white strips. It blooms in small clusters throughout the warm season making small three-petaled flowers of a vivid pink, white, and purple that only stay open in the morning.
They are great for hanging pots or as groundcovers and can add a lush texture and a tropical atmosphere to any garden, be it indoor or outdoor. It is also excellent in containers and ideal for gardening beginners. Thanks to its downward trailing stem it stands out the most when used in rock gardens, border fronts, and wall plantings.
|Common Name||Striped Wandering Jew, Tradescantia, Wandering Willie|
|Maximum Reachable Height||12-24 inches|
|Flower Colour||White, pink, rose or purple|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Tradescantia Special Feature
- Best for small pots and for hanging baskets.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.