All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Aeonium spp. – Succulent Plant
|1||Aeonium spp. (Plant ht. is around 15-25cm)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/white)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Aeoniums are one of the most ornamental of all the succulents. Aeoniums are large, colorful and look like rubbery flowers, and this plant is very easy to grow. Aeoniums are members of the Crassulaceae, a huge family of succulents that include many other popular and commonly grown succulents. The succulent leaves are typically arranged on a basal stem, in a dense, spreading rosette. A feature which distinguishes this genus from many of its relatives is the manner in which the flowers bear free petals, and are divided into 6 or 12 sections. Each rosette produces a central inflorescence only once, and then dies back (though it will usually branch or offset to produce ensuing rosettes).
|Common Name||Tree Houseleek|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 50cm|
|Flower Colour||Greenish white|
Planting And Care
- Plant grow well in bright light.
- Protect the Aeonium from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing Aeonium .
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
- It makes an excellent container or house plant.