Hibiscus mutabilis, Confederate Rose – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hibiscus mutabilis, Confederate Rose – Plant-3%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, Hibiscus – Plant-42%
All Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Dwarf Hibiscus (Big Flower) – Plant-19%
About Hibiscus mutabilis
Hibiscus mutabilis is very imposing when in full bloom starting in late summer and on into fall. The large double or single-flowered blooms that are 3-5 in across, open pure white and change color over a three-day period until they are deep pink and then as they die assume a dark “blue-pink” hue. The most notable characteristic of this flowering shrub is that flowers of three distinct colors appear on the bush simultaneously as the blooms color cycle independent of one another. In fact, the species name mutabilis means, changeable.
After flowering, a round, hairy capsule forms which dries and releases fuzzy seeds, a trait that inspired one of the plants common names, cotton rose as the buds resemble the boll of that famous member of the hibiscus family.
|Common Name||Changeable Rose, Chinese Rose, Confederate Rose, Cotton Rose|
|Maximum Reachable Height||15 feet|
|Flower Colour||White, Yellow, Bluish pink|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Hibiscus mutabilis Planting And Care
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in natural bright light .
- Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural direct bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Special Feature Hibiscus mutabilis
Beautiful flower that changes colour throughout its life cycle.
Ornamental Use Hibiscus mutabilis
- They are commonly successfully used as landscape shrubs or pot plant in the warmer parts.
Check out other flowering plants here. Click Here!!
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- 4.98 rating from 57 reviews
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Boxwood Buxus – Plant-15%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants
Snap dragon (dog flower)- Antirrhinum majus-20%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Living room plants, Office Plants
Kalanchoe pinnata, Cathedral Bells, Miracle Leaf- Succulent Plant-2%
Be the first to review “Hibiscus mutabilis, Confederate Rose – Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.