Calathea roseopicta dottie – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Calathea roseopicta dottie – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹700.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
About Calathea roseopicta dottie
The Calathea roseopicta dottie is a beautiful house plant with long striped leaves for which it is best known for.
Calathea roseopicta dottie is also a prayer plant as it belongs to the Marantaceae family. This means it folds it leaves up like it is praying once the sun goes down.
It is an air purifying plant that is also pet friendly. Place it in a well-lit area and water it regularly for a stunning foliage that will accentuate any space.
A single Calathea can instantly change the look of your home. It adds texture and colour to your minimalist decor. You can also group different species of Calatheas together to make a pretty green corner which is so soothing to the eye.
|Common Name||Calathea roseopicta medallion, Calathea marion|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 2 ft|
|Flower Colour||Not defined|
|Bloom Time||Not defined|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Calathea roseopicta dottie Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Calathea roseopicta dottie
Beautiful house plant with long striped leaves. It is also an air purifier plant.
Ornamental uses of Calathea roseopicta dottie
- It is an excellent house plant.
Check out other foliage plants here. Click Here!!