Chinese Juniper, Juniperus chinensis – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹450.00
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta – Plant-30%
Chinese juniper (Juniperus chinensis) is an adaptable evergreen plant that’s native to countries in East Asia. In the wild, it’s often seen as a cone-shaped tree that can exceed 40 feet tall and 20 feet wide. Its prickly, dark green needles remain attractive year-round. Many varieties have berry-like fruit in the late summer and fall, which tends to attract birds. Chinese juniper has become a popular ornamental landscape shrub or tree and has more than 100 cultivars. Some shrubs are even pruned into pompoms to add visual interest to a garden. It is generally best planted in the fall, but in regions that experience harsh winters, consider planting in early spring.
|Common Name||Chinese juniper|
|Maximum Reachable Height||40 feet|
|Bloom Time||Rarely bloom.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Chinese juniper
- Keep the plant in direct bright light for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Chinese juniper Special Feature
Chinese juniper Uses
- Chinese juniper can be the perfect for landscape use.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.