Crossandra, firecracker flower (Crossandra infundibuliformis)- Plant
All Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Crossandra, firecracker flower (Crossandra infundibuliformis)- Plant-48%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ixora Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ixora Dwarf (Any Color) – Plant-50%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine – Plant-53%
A great long-lasting color plant, crossandra can bloom almost nonstop all year long in the right conditions. In tropical climates, these heat- and humidity-loving plants put on quite the show with their spikes of bright orange, yellow, salmon, or pink blooms. The deep emerald green glossy foliage creates a pretty foil for other plants to play against, and the brightly colored orange blooms add wonderful color all season long. Crossandra can also be found in quite a few other warm colors, but orange is definitely the most prevalent. The five-petaled blooms are borne on columnar square bloom stalks, which are unique in themselves and add a neat effect when the plants are covered in blooms. Butterflies are very fond of Crossandra and can be found visiting them for their delicious nectar.
- Keep the plant in place with bright direct sunlight for better growth of the plant.
- Can tolerate partial shade.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Attractive foliage and flowers.
- Leaves are used for the treatment of several skin disorders
- It is an excellent plant for growing in pots for patio or houseplant.
- Planting in garden as ground cover.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.