All Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Dwarf Devil’s Backbone, Pedilanthus ‘Nana Compacta’-Succulent
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Dwarf Devil’s Backbone ‘nana compacta’ – Plant|
|2||terracotta pot/plastic pot|₹500.00
About Dwarf Devil’s Backbone Succulent
- Variegated foliage are perpendicular in 2 files along either side of the stem.
- Fleshy white & grey leaves arranged opposite in pairs.
- Elongated, elliptic leaves are slightly folded upwards along the midvein, forming a boat-like shape.
- It is a clump-forming, succulent shrub or subshrub with a compact, erect growth form.
- Bears small fruits are known as capsules.
- The stem’s zigzag shape is greatly compressed with very short internodes creating a braided-like texture.
- It is an evergreen succulent plant.
|Maximum Reachable Height||0.3 m|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It reponds well to partial to full sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain sand based soil.
- Do not let the plant sit in moist soil.
- Can tolerate dry soils.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water sparingly, just enough to make the potting mixture moist.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- It is used for roof gardening, container gardening, Window sills, Balcony, office tables.
- Rockery and desert gardens.
Check out the pots to plant your Variegated Dwarf Devil’s Backbone and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.