All Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Dwarf Devil’s Backbone, Pedilanthus ‘Nana Compacta’-Succulent
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Dwarf Devil’s Backbone ‘nana compacta’ – Plant|
|2||terracotta pot/plastic pot|₹500.00
About Dwarf Devil’s Backbone Succulent
- Variegated foliage are perpendicular in 2 files along either side of the stem.
- Fleshy white & grey leaves arranged opposite in pairs.
- Elongated, elliptic leaves are slightly folded upwards along the midvein, forming a boat-like shape.
- It is a clump-forming, succulent shrub or subshrub with a compact, erect growth form.
- Bears small fruits are known as capsules.
- The stem’s zigzag shape is greatly compressed with very short internodes creating a braided-like texture.
- It is an evergreen succulent plant.
|Maximum Reachable Height||0.3 m|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It reponds well to partial to full sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain sand based soil.
- Do not let the plant sit in moist soil.
- Can tolerate dry soils.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water sparingly, just enough to make the potting mixture moist.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
- It is used for roof gardening, container gardening, Window sills, Balcony, office tables.
- Rockery and desert gardens.
Check out the pots to plant your Variegated Dwarf Devil’s Backbone and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Bonsai, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts
Ficus microcarpa (Ficus Westland Bonsai, Chinese Gem Tree)-31%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya – Succulent Plant
All Plants, Aromatic, Best Selling Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Rose Plants
Yellow rose plant-20%