Ficus Altissima, Yellow Gem Rubber Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Yellow Gem Rubber Plant|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5 inches)|₹490.00
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Variegated Rubber Plant in Egg Shell Ceramic Pot – Valentine’s Day Gift Combo-20%
₹1,299.00 for 3 item(s)
About Yellow Gem Rubber Tree
|Common Name||Yellow Gem Rubber, Variegated Rubber Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||30 metres or above|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- You only really need to prune your yellow gem when you want to limit growth.
- Apart from this, you can spruce up your plant by removing dead leaves.
- You should repot your Yellow Gem every year since it does not like being root bound.
- The new pot should be about 2 to 3 inches wider than the diameter of the root ball to prevent root rot.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Don’t take more than 10 percent of healthy leaves when you prune.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Ficus altissima
- Variegated Rubber Tree is an air purifier indoor plant.
- Super easy care plant as it tolerates drought well thus, making it low maintenance.
Ornamental uses of Ficus altissima
- An indoor favourite but also ideal as a potted specimen plant for patios and verandas.
Check out the pots for your plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!