All Plants, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Asparagus densiflorus, Foxtail Fern – Plant
This Product Contains
|1||Asparagus densiflorus – Plant|
|2||Grow Bag 4”|
About Asparagus densiflorus
Asparagus densiflorus is native to southern regions of South Africa. Growing asparagus fern is easy. Asparagus belongs to Asparagaceae family.
Asparagus densiflorus is a perennial evergreen that boasts luscious and fluffy stems of pine needle-like leaves, giving it a plush appearance. A member of the asparagus family, the foxtail fern is actually not a fern at all, as the plant uses seeds to reproduce, not spores. The feathery plant yields small white flowers that produce eye-catching red berries, hence makes a wonderful addition to both outside gardens and indoor house plant collections. Foxtail fern is also used as greenery in flower arrangements, where it stays fresh for two to three weeks.
Though delicate-looking, foxtail fern is quite hardy. It’s a laidback plant with easy care requirements. All this fern needs is bright, indirect light and well-draining soil. Pair this with a healthy amount of room to grow and the occasional trimming of spent stems, and you will have a beautifully bushy plant. The foxtail fern has tuberous roots, making it drought-tolerant.
|Common Name||Asparagus meyeri, Foxtail Ferns, Bunny Tails, Asparagus fern.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 60centimeters.|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Asparagus densiflorus Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Asparagus densiflorus
Excellent house plant with beautiful foliage.
Ornamental uses of Asparagus densiflorus
- Used in a hanging basket and as ground cover in indoor landscapes.
Check out other foliage plants here. Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Mehandi, Heena – Plant-15%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Impatiens (Any Color) – Plant-17%
All Plants, Herb Plants, Outdoor Plants
Curry Leaves, Kadi Patta, Murraya koenigii, Meetha Neem – Plant-20%