Myristica fragrans, Jaiphal Plant
Jaiphal is also known as nutmeg, jathikka, jatiphala, jathikai, jajikai. It is now grown in most tropical countries. Nutmeg is a tropical tree that must be grown outdoors, so it requires a hot, humid climate.Nutmeg is an attractive, spreading, evergreen tree with dense foliage. The branches are spreading with a dark gray bark. The leaves are shiny and oblong to oval in shape. The inflorescence appears in cymes. The flowers are small, pale yellow and bell shaped and are slightly aromatic.The fruit is fleshy, globose in shape and lemon yellow to light brown in colour. Inside the fruit is the single, glossy brown seed with a brittle shell over which is the beautiful, brilliant, scarlet, net-like (reticulated) membrane or aril known as the mace, which is very fragile and aromatic
|Common Name||Nutmeg, Jaiphal|
|Maximum Reachable Height||20 metres|
|Flower Colour||Pale yellow|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to moderate|
Planting And Care
- The plants should be shaded to protect them from sun scorch during early stages.
- Jaiphal grows best in direct sunlight with light afternoon shade.
- This plants thrive well in wide range of well drained soild viz. clay loam, sandy loam and red laterite soils.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Adding mulch around a nutmeg tree can help the soil retain its moisture.
- Used as a landscape tree for its attractive dark leaves and fragrant flowers.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Categories: All Plants, Fruit Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- Store Name: WILDROOTS
- Vendor: WILDROOTS
- 5.00 rating from 59 reviews
All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hanging Basket Plant Bundle – Pack of 3-31%All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hanging Basket Plant Bundle – Pack of 3Estimated delivery date 2023/06/11
Sr Item name 1 1 Bolivian Wandering Jew + 1 Wandering jew + 1 Sedum Angelina Plant 2 Three 6 inches Hanging basket pot (Any color)SKU: n/a
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hibiscus Tiliaceus Variegated, Sea Hibiscus- Plant-33%
Be the first to review “Myristica fragrans, Jaiphal Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.