Sempervivum ‘Green Wheel’ – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Sempervivum ‘Green Wheel’ – Succulent Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹350.00
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Sempervivum ‘Green Wheel’ – Succulent Plant-15%
Sempervivums, also known as Houseleeks or Hens and Chicks, are succulent perennials that form rosettes of succulent leaves that will often spread fast to form mats. They tend to spread rapidly in favourable conditions via offsets and are valued as a ground cover for dry, sunny locations. Their ability to store water in their thick leaves allow them to live in sunny and rocky places through out mountains. Sempervivum grow as tufts of perennial but monocarpic rosettes. Each rosette propagates asexually by lateral rosettes or offsets. Typically, each plant grows for several years before flowering. The colour of the flowers is reddish, yellowish, pinkish, or seldomly, whitish. In Sempervivum, the flowers are actinomorphic (like a star) and have more than six petals. After flowering, the plant dies, usually leaving many offsets it has produced during its life. Sempervivums also make suitable plants for containers, and do well in breathable terracotta, concrete, and cement pots. They have also been known to grow in rock crevices, metal containers, succulent wreaths, roof shingles, and anywhere else that allows adequate root drainage.
|Common Name||Sempervivum ‘Green Wheel’|
|Maximum Reachable Height||5-8 cm|
|Flower Colour||red, yellow, pink, white|
|Bloom Time||July to August|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Beautiful green foliage.
Looks great filling in between rocks and spilling over container edges. Perfect selection for filling in between paving stones.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.