Carrot Early Nantus – Desi Vegetable Seeds
Out of stock
Out of stock
About Carrot Early Nantus
You can grow carrots all year round and they are so simple! Just sow carrot seed regularly for a year-round crop.
Carrots are an easy and rewarding crop to grow, great for encouraging children to eat their vegetables! With so many varieties of this popular vegetable available, carrots can be grown in beds, containers and even window boxes making them suitable for gardens of any size. Carrots are a popular root vegetable that is easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost. Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in color like purple, black to white.
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Carrot Early Nantes, Carrot / Daucus carota ‘Early Nantes’|
|Height||From 6 inches to 3 feet|
|Bloom Time||Year round|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Try to sow as close as you can to the correct spacing to avoid too much thinning
- Avoid over-watering
- Water when the soil feels dry to touch
- Look for root borer or other pest attack and go for organic at first
Carrot Early Nantus Care
- Sow your carrot seeds in shallow drills about 2cm deep
- Spacing for carrots is 3-4cm between plants and 20-25cm between rows
- They should start to pop their heads above the ground in approx 17 days
|Soil||Requires well-drained soil.|
|Temperature||For Germination 45 to 85 degrees F For growth 60 to 65 degrees F|
|Fertilizer||Fertilize 5-6 weeks after sowing.Apply any fertilizer|
|Harvest Season||Carrots are mature at around 2 and half months and half an inch in diameter. You may harvest whenever desired maturity is reached.
You may leave mature carrots in the soil for storage if the ground will not freeze.
To store freshly harvested carrots, twist off the tops, scrub off the dirt under cold running water, let dry and seal in airtight plastic bags, and refrigerate. If you simply put fresh carrots in the refrigerator, they ll go limp in a few hours.
Carrots can be stored in tubs of moist sand for winter use.
Carrot Early Nantus Uses
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A, calcium and trace elements decay
- It is popular in many dishes