Fig Tree, Anjeer Fruit, Common Fig Fruit – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Fig Tree, Anjeer Fruit, Common Fig Fruit – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹450.00
All Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Fig Tree, Anjeer Fruit, Common Fig Fruit – Plant-23%
All Plants, Fruit Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Nimboo, Lemon – Plant-22%
Growing Anjeer plant is an easy way to add a tropical flair to your garden. When you know that its important and how to care for Anjeer plants, you will be rewarded with many years of lovely fruit.
What makes it special:
- One of the best attractive and nutritional fruit plants.
- Good source of calcium.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden.
This product does not have the flowers and fruits at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and produce fruits. Anjeer is a beautiful small deciduous tree with an interesting spreading habit from Moraceae family. The breadth is often wider than the height of 4-9 meter.
The bark is a smooth, silvery gray. The leaves of the tree are the identifying feature, they are about 4 inches long and have 3 or 5 lobes. The species name carica means having papaya-like leaves. The fruit, which is called anjeer, may be top-shaped, or pear-shaped, 1 to 4 in long, and varies in color from yellowish-green to coppery, bronze, or dark-purple. Well loved for their sweet, mild flavor fruit and multiple uses and fig are great source of calcium. In Missouri, plants may be grown in sheltered locations outdoors with root mulch or in containers that are overwintered indoors. Planting is usually done in the month of January-February month.
|Common Name||Anjeer, Common Fig|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 9 meter|
|Flower Colour||Yellowish-green to coppery.|
Planting And Care
- Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and fruit development.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing Anjeer fruit plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month during the main growing season (December-February)
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
Fig Tree Special Feature
Small fruit tree.The tree is hardy in nature and requires comparatively low maintenance costs
Fig Tree Uses
- Fig plant can be used in the garden for an ornamental purpose
- Fig fruit is used as laxative to relieve constipation and its leaves are used for diabetes, high cholesterol and other skin conditions
- Some time milky sap(latex) from the tree used to treat skin tumors and wart
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Fruits are edible