Polka Dot Plant, Hypoestes – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Polka Dot Plant (6-12 cm in height)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹370.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Study table plants, Table top plants
Polka Dot Plant, Hypoestes – Plant-19%
About Polka Dot Plant
Polka dot plant (Hypoestes phyllostachya) is common house plant with colorful foliar displays. They are highly hybridized to produce a variety of colors and types of leaf spotting. Also called freckle face plant, this houseplant can grow in any type of indirect light but has best color in lower light situations.
This lovely little plant is native to South Africa, Madagascar and South East Asia. Polka dot plants are well suited for indoor use anywhere but you can also grow them as annuals in temperate to warm zones. The foliage is an attractive foil for brightly colored perennial flowers and produces an attractive mound. This adorable plant looks great tucked in a planter with other foliage plants, as part of a color display with flowers, or in summer borders for added texture.
|Common Name||Polka Dot Plant, freckle face plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||upto 12 inches|
|Bloom Time||Rarely bloom.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Polka Dot Plant Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged polka dot plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Polka Dot Plant
Polka Dot Plant is an air purifier indoor plant.
Ornamental uses of Polka Dot Plant
Check out the pots for your plant and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!