Christmas Tree (Araucaria columnaris) – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Christmas Tree – Plant|
₹340.00 – ₹410.00
All Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Christmas Tree (Araucaria columnaris) – Plant-47%
About Christmas Tree
This is an evergreen tree. Its long, horizontal branches are densely covered with short, soft needles that become darker as the plant ages. This is also called as star pine, triangle tree or living Christmas tree. This is slow growing plant.
|Common Name||Christmas tree, cook-pine|
|Maximum Reachable Height||60 m in natural habitat|
|Flower Colour||only cones are there|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Christmas Tree Planting And Care
- Christmas Tree grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Christmas Tree
Areca palm is an air purifier indoor plant.
Ornamental uses of Christmas Tree
- This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening.
Check out the pots for your plants and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!